NOTICE: In-person CASE professional development events have been canceled through August 30, 2020
Complete this link to transfer/cancel your exisiting CASE registration.
View our FAQs for other issues related to cancelations due to COVID-19
(The following information is related to normal, in-person PD events.)
Working on your purchase order? Need logistical information or a contact for questions? Just click the blue menu bar below for your intended course and then click the link to the location you plan to attend.
Cancellations: Any cancellation within 30 days of the start of an institute, and/or after May 1, may be subject to a $250 cancellation fee up to the full cost of the institute. See individual institute cancellation policies at the links below for more details.
Ready to register? Follow these steps:
- Click the blue menu bar below for the course you plan to attend.
- Click the location name for the institute location you plan to attend to find out more information such as billing, logistics, lodging, meals, travel, and graduate credit offerings, as well as contact information for site specific questions at that location. All purchase orders should be addressed to specific CASE Institute host and not CASE or NAAE. Note any cancellation deadlines and fees.
- Click the blue 'Register Now' button below when you have made your location decision and are ready to register.
CASE Institute is a professional development training leading to course certification. CASE Institutes provide teachers with 50-100 hours of hands-on instruction related to a specific year-long CASE course. Participants are encouraged to complete CASE Foundations.
Fast track CASE Institutes are condensed trainings focusing on lab instruction. Participants are required to complete CASE Foundations. Pre-institute homework required. The hours to complete a fast track institute are similar to hours at a standard institute.
Immersive CASE Institutes occur during the school year. Teachers earn certification through a combination of aynchronous instruction via Google Classroom and synchronous virtual meetings. The CASE Institute culminates with an in-person session. All participants are required to complete CASE Foundations.
BriefCASE professional development events are one-day sessions designed to provide teacher certification for BriefCASE courses. Participants are required to complete CASE Foundations. The full BriefCASE professional development schedule is available here.
CASE Foundations is a series of five modules focused on the pedagogy and implementation of CASE. The modules are self-paced. Teachers are only required to complete CASE Foundations once.
- Complete CASE Foundations (see above)
- Print your CASE Institute binder
- Source local materials (materials list will be available by June 15)
- Internet access
- Lab access
- Complete assigned homework on time
- Attend all immersive and in-person sessions
- Monday, November 30 - Tuesday, December 1
- Will be held as a pre-session to NAAE Convention in Nashville, TN
- Travel in Monday, November 30 by 3 pm, participant is responsible for their travel cost
- Session 1: Monday, November 30 from 4-6 pm, dinner will be provided
- Full Day Session: Tuesday, December 1 from 8 am - 6 pm, includes breakfast, lunch and celebration dinner
- Participant is responsible for departure transportation and/or costs associated with extending their stay to include NAAE Convention. NOTE: NAAE Convention registration is NOT included.
- $1,200 in class/lab supplies and materials
- Lifetime curriculum access
- Room and board for in-person session prior to NAAE Convention
- Immersive professional development sessions